Submission Guidelines: The deadline for submissions for the upcoming issue is January 31, 2013; our target publication date is March 1, 2013. Final notification of acceptance or regret will be given by February 17th, 2013. We only accept electronic submissions through our website. Full submission guidelines can be found on http://www.theintima.org/guidelines.html and feel free to contact email@example.com with any questions. See below for a brief overview of what we are looking for.
Submissions can include:
- Scholarly essays or articles geared towards educating a general audience about Narrative Medicine
- Non-Fiction, personal narratives or perspective pieces
- Fiction, Short Fiction
- Field Notes, reflections on working in the field
- Studio Art, in any medium such as paintings, photographs, or prints
- Audio or Visual Multimedia
Subject areas might include but are not limited to:
- personal narratives of illness from the patient and/or clinician perspectives
- grand narratives of public health, epidemics, and the globalization of disease
- analyses of historical or contemporary representations of illness and the body in literature, art, popular culture, and the media
- discourse on the role of narrative in the greater health care reform debate
- 12 point times new roman font, double-spaced
- submit as a Word document (.doc, .docx); media/art should be in .jpg, .png, or .mp3 format.
- No identifying information in the submission document